Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Surprise!

Ha, I bet you all thoughtI'd dropped off the face of the Earth, didn't you?!

Well, it almost feels that way! All I do is work and sleep - but I guess everyone does so there's no point in going on about that!

Things have been going good so far. There are days when I come home in tears and seriously think about quitting, but then usually the next day isn't as bad, so I soldier on. This last week was horrible (in terms of under-staffing and patient complexities) , but I was ok with it for the most part. It was certianly a learning curve!

Next week I'm presumably trotting up to theatres to start a 10 week rotation there. I say 'presumably' because I'm not on the roster for the ward, but nobody has told me what to do in terms of getting prepared to start in theatres! I finish work on the ward on Sunday and theatres usually run monday to friday, so I'm just hoping and praying that I don't have to work for 9 days straight!! Oh well, whatever happens, happens!

I'll kinda miss working on the ward though. All the staff there were so nice and helpful to me. And I've only just gotten used to the way things work down there - but it's all part of the experience I suppose. Just a little worried that I won't be able to keep up with the pace in surgery :S ! It should be interesting though - but I don't know how I'll handle the joint surgery!!

Anywayz, That's about it. I've been extremely lazy thus far but I will try to do better in the coming weeks!

Tootle - pipski! ;op

3 comments:

Zarna said...

Yay! She's alive!

><> Kelly ><> said...

Good luck with the work.
I pray that you are able to keep up the pace in surgery an d that this next week has few less tears for you.. Unless they are happy ones =D

Deb said...

wow - you are super, Karin!

Keep pressing on, I'm sure you're doing great even though it's hard and new :)

So are you going to spend aaaaaaaages in rotation, or will you get to settle down somewhere and get to know the same set of rules and people to befriend?

Good to hear from you again, hope you're doing OK!