Friday, June 15, 2007

The latest craze...

Last sunday, Nick bought these cool stilt thingys to church that he got earlier in the week. They're mad - I've seen street performers on these type of things before and you can do all sorts of tricks on them. They're specially designed for jumping and stuff like that. You can get some height on them too. Eddie has a pair as well and ran/jumped on them all the way from his place to our cell group at the Horwoods on tuesday night!
Anyway, on sunday, Nick let me have a go at them! I'm not the most balanced person in the world, but the results could have been much more embaressing - at least I could stand upright on them with Justin's help, and I didn't actually fall over, although I was close at one stage (thank goodness I was standing near the pole!).
I can't stand up on my own, but I could walk around for a bit with Justin's help. It looked more like we were dancing though! They're kinda heavy to lift up properly too, so that made it a bit hard. But they're fun! It would be awesome to get the hang of!
As Naomi requested, here's a picture of me on the bizaare things! I have a little video, but I don't know how to put that on, and the other pic Liv got is of me almost falling over, so this is all you get! :)



It just goes to show how short I really am though, seeing as I'm on stilts and still don't actually look that tall! :(

They're very cool, but I don't know how the guys can walk around on them by themselves though!

5 comments:

Zarna said...

Hands off My Husband!!!
hehehe
You did well on them!

Rinni said...

Ha! You just didn't want him to help me so you could see me fall flat on my face!! :P

Well, thank you. I'd love to see you on them - you'd be great! Hmmm, maybe after Spud is born though...!

LOUD? said...

you did well.

i am not game enough to get on them. i am not well coordinatted,

i am so impressed eddie managed to go all the way out to young adults!!!

i think i am shorter than you....???

rambles said...

At least you had a go! i'd be probably too scared to even put them on. they look fun but :-)

Deb said...

lol, those boys and their toys!!