Thursday, February 02, 2006

I have a place too!

Time for another post...!

I went flat- looking with my mum yesturday as the days leading up to my new position in Bathurst become less and less! I was a bit worried (well, really worried actually!) about finding a place at the moment as it is also the time that all the uni students start panicking and start grabbing at any flat that becomes avaliable!

I had a few rental lists and had a bit of a look on the internet on Sunday to see if I could find any that I wanted, and I found the perfect one for me - air con, carport, and a little enclosed yard! Unfortunatly, when we rang up the real estate to book an appointment, she told me that it had already gone. To say that I was upset could be somewhat misleading to how I actually felt at the time (if you want details, ask my mum!!). And when I actually viewed the first couple of places that were still avaliable, my mood did not improve!!

While I was wondering moodily around Bathurst I found another real estate agent and decided that I should try my chances in there. Luckily they had a free space in the afternoon so we grabbed it. They had a few places I was interested in, but when we got to the last place, I went - 'I have to have that one' (The agent said he knew I'd like it! He saved the best till last!). It was a little out of my price range (ok, a lot out of my price range, but I figure I've been living on vertually nothing so far, so why not do it for another year?!!) but it was very nice - 2 bedroom (so heaps of people can come to stay at any time!!) , huge kitchen and a lock up garage. Plus, I have a strip of lawn (when it gets too high, I can cut it back with scissors)!! I also thought that if I have to live by myself, I may as well have a place that I actually like coming back too!!

So tentitively, I put in an application form for it. I wasn't sure of my chances, having not rented before (and not actually having started the job yet!) but the agent didn't seem to think that I had anything to worry about. Anyway to make a long story slightly shorter, I got a call today to say that the property owner approved of my having that flat so, Yay - I have somewhere to live!!

I don't get the keys till about the 23rd, so I'm staying at a friend's place till then. That's probably a blessing in itself as I have someone to whinge to during my first weeks at the hospital!

Wow, I guess I've got blessings coming out of my ears!!! ;op

4 comments:

Katie said...

woohoo!! Very kool :) congrats on not having to live in a cardboard box! :P

Zarna said...

Yay!!!
you get a little place to call your own, I think that's the best thing about moving out of home, not the independence or the freedom. It's being able to run around naked if you feel like it or if that's not your cup of tea you can buy stuff you like even though everyone else thinks it's hideous just because you can.

Rinni said...

*Giggles!* Hmmm, one just has to make sure that the curtains are drawn if they are going to expore that aspect of their new found freedom!! ;op But yes, it's exciting that I get to fill it up with all my useless junk - and then buy even more to fill in the gaps!!!

Deb said...

wow!!

snoitalutargnoc!! (read backwards, I love that word!)

LOL, go nakedness and creative freedom!!

(except please wear clothes when I visit ;))