Monday, May 14, 2007

Another random thing....

I was tagged to do this a while ago but have been too lazy (sorry guys!), so here it is for you now:

Wikipedia

The rules are:
1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays
5) List two deaths
6) One holiday or observance (if any)
7) Tag 5 other bloggers to complete

THREE EVENTS:

1792 - French Revolution: King Louis XVI of France is put on trial for treason by the National Convention.
1981 - In his last fight, Muhammad Ali is defeated by Trevor Berbick.
2000 - Real Madrid football club is awarded 20th Century's Best Club award by FIFA. Also, the song Warning by the popular band Green Day was realesed.

TWO BIRTHDAYS:

1843 - Robert Koch, German bacteriologist, Nobel laureate (d. 1910)
1981 - Hamish Blake, Australian comedian (I wanted to put in American actor, Rider Strong, but I thought I should be patriotic!)

TWO DEATHS:

1282 - Llywelyn the Last, King of Gwynedd (Wales) (Just cuz I like the name!)
2006 - Elizabeth Bolden, American, oldest verified person in the world at the time of her death (b. 1890)

HOLIDAY/OBSERVANCE:

Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires (Hehe! I love that they have a day set aside for a dance! How could I not put that one in!)

TAG 5 OTHER BLOGGERS:

1. Zarna (coz I like picking on ya!)
2. Katie (Same reason!)
3. Kim (Because I can read your response now!)
4. Anyone else who hasn't done it
5. I think I've covered all the people I know already!

3 comments:

LOUD? said...

So now you will have to do the tango every year on your birthday!!!

Our friend Lucas's middle name is Llewellyn. It cracks us all up. Dear old Lucas Llewellyn. he he.

Rinni said...

That means Michelle Allen has to do the tango on her birthday too, coz we share the world's greatest birth date!! :p

I think Llewellyn is a weird, cool name, but I wouldn't name my kid that! I've only really heard of it as a last name. Gotta love the Welsh for coming up with names like that! :)

Deb said...

LOL, looking forward to seeing you and Michelle on your next birthday. You should have a tango party!!

I have 'Warning' in my head now. I rather like the song, but you can't Tango to it...