Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Intensifire 2007

Last friday and saturday, Amy G, Amy C and I went over to Orange to attend Intensifire, a youth and young adult conference. While we were possibly amongst the oldest people there (besides the youth leaders and pastors!), it was an awesome experience and, from my end, totally unexpected.

I must admit that when I said I would go, I wasn't expecting much from the conference because I thought it would be too small, etc, having really only attended the larger conferences at Hillsong and Planetshakers. But as it turned out, the smaller size of the conference was perfect. The sessions were much more personalised and the prayer and worship at the end of each were much more intense.

The three of us had a great time, meeting new people and such. The presence of God was in the place in every session, and the experience was like none I'd ever had before. The speakers (Ps Luke McMartin and Ps David Hall) were truly anointed to speak to young people (and hilariously funny!), and re-install a passion for Christ and to do God's work.

Anyhoo, I can't quite explain it, but it was a weekend well spent and I've come away from it with an awakened passion and spirit for God!

There's a larger version of the conference in Liverpool in October sometime, and they have the same speakers plus Ashley Evans and a few others, so that would be awesome to go to aswell!

Anyway, I just had to share a little bit about it coz it got me all excited and I had to let everyone know how awesome it was (even though we had to sleep in a freezing room and the younger girls didn't go to sleep till 3am)! Amy G is using some of what we learnt at the conference as part of her study tonight for cell, so it should be inspiring!

5 comments:

LOUD? said...

sounds really cool.

Were there heaps of teenyboppers there?

Tell me more about it when i see you next.....

Kimi said...

Sounds like it was fun :)

Are you job searching or enjoying bludging still? GO the bludging. wish i was!!

Rinni said...

Yeah, there were quite a few 'tweens' there, and the three of us got lumped into being in charge of them overnight coz we were the only over 18's staying (of the girls anyway!)! Not that they listened to any of us! But the whole thing was still good anyway.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to visit you while I was in Orange though, Kim. Yeah, still lazy. Will get some shifts soon!

Clairey said...

That sounds so cool!! Very exciting!

Deb said...

wow!! About 20 students from college helped organise and volunteer. I'm glad it helped!!