Thursday, February 08, 2007

Praise point!

I've been meaning to blog all week but I've managed to run out of time until now!

Tomorrow is the last day of my post-grad. It will be kind of bitter sweet in a way, because this last placement at district nursing has been really interesting and all of the girls there have been so good with helping me and giving me information, etc. But I will still be glad when tomorrow afternoon comes!!

Anyway, there was a purpose to this blog! Last weekend, my sister and mum came up to keep me company and we had organised to catch a show in orange. I dragged a couple of friends along too and we had a fantastic night. Laughed way to much and had a major belly ache from it at the end!!
Anywho, we had taken Liv's car to Orange while I left mine parked on the road here for the day (coz I let Liv have the garage coz here car is better than mine!). We didn't get back here till about 12am that night and as Liv went to go down the driveway I happened to glance over at my car and saw that someone had broken into it!! What a way to end a great night!!

While this might not particulary sound like a praise point, things could have been a lot worse. For instance, if I had've taken my car, it would have been Liv's car that got busted, and she only just got the front fixed! There was also very minimal damage done to my car too. 3 doors were unlocked and the front passanger one slightly open, and both the front windows were down, but besides the front passanger door lock being wrecked, there was no harm done to the car. Thank God too, because I had just gotten the windscreen replaced. Things had been shifted around in the car but nothing was stolen (nothing worth stealing in there anyway!).

So I consider myself very blessed that my car was not stolen or damaged too much. God was definatly looking out for me that night! :)

12 comments:

LOUD? said...

Hey, cool, new post!

You have an exciting life! Like going to shows and having your car broken into. I love how you call it a praise point! Did they take your car for a cruise and then return it? It is good how things could've been way worse.

What are you doing to celebrate finishing? We'll have to have a party!!! (Any excuse for a party!)

ps Pool's off for tomorrow as it is closing early. Sorry :(

Zarna said...

I thought I had nothing worth stealing in my car either but when they broke in they stole 50c and a pack of chewing gum with like 2 pieces left lol!

Anonymous said...

The Four Kinsmen were awesome!!

Found your blog :-p

So what is happening now with the postgrad? moving back home or sticking around Bathurst for a little bit more?

What a bugger about your car, bit scary but i'm thankful nothing worse happened to it.

Catch up with ya soon :-)
Kimi

Rinni said...

Hey Kimi! Welcome to my blog! Now I will have to stalk out yours...!! ;op They were mad weren't they?! Fun night! I am moving back to parkes for a little while and then see where to go from there, but I'm having a holiday first! I will be completely moved back home by the 1st March.

Lol Zarna - that's wierd! People are strange and will steal anything! It kinda looked like they took the car for a mini - spin coz I don't remember parking that far away from the curb, but I couldn't see any evidence of hot wiring or anything!

Yes Naomi, we will have to have a party! All in honour of me (coz I'm so humble and modest...!) I plan on staying in Bathurst for the next couple of weeks to clean up and get ready, etc, but I can always make a special trip home!!! ;op

LOUD? said...

Pete reckons we need to do anoter gang game night.....so let us know which fri or sat night works for you......and we can host as usual! This weekend???

Deb said...

*trying not to be jealous of everyone else who can make it to the games night* at least I can keep in touch with everyone's blogs :)

Rinni, I also love how yuo call it a praise point and how you are glad it was your car and not Liv's - you are such a sweet sister!!

LOUD? said...

hmmmm....a sweet sister.......

I wonder what Livi (the shameless blogstalker - where oh where is your blog?!?!) would say about that?

Does Sat night sound good???

Rinni said...

Hah! I think she felt bad for me but felt even more grateful that it wasn't her car! I doubt she would call me 'sweet' either - lol!!

Don't worry Deb, we'll all have to make a trek up to your place and have a special games night there!! PS I am going to Colour so you will have to put up with me aswell for a few days!!! ;op

About the games night, I will have to talk to Liv coz she was gonna come up here this weekend as it will be her last chance to. Next weekend is definalty out coz I will be doing a lot of cleaning up, but the weekend after that (around the 4th March or something?) I will have completely moved back to Parkes, so that would be a good one to have it.
Anyway, if everyone agrees that this weekend is the one to have it on, then I will organise something!! ;op Thanks! :D

LOUD? said...

March 4 sounds good, or whatever the specific date is!

Rinni said...

Cool, thanks! I'll put it in my diary!! ;op

LOUD? said...

I 'll put it in mine too! :)

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.