Tuesday, March 06, 2007

FuN gOoDiEs!!!! :)

Last saturday, Naomi and Peter graciously hosted a party in honour of my return to PARKES!! :p

Well, it was more just an excuse to have a party, eat junkfood and play games, but that's as good a reason as any!

Naomi has already posted about the random night, but as I need another post, I will ramble on about it too!

I got a huge bag full of various delicious goodies such as salt & vinegar chips, Cadbury Snack block, a bag of fun sized Pinics and a huge bag of Maltesers!

All my favourites! Apparently, Liv was supposed to get Jaffas and M&M's Mix-ups, but she let the team down and forgot them! Not that they were needed anyway! There's always wayyy too much food at these things but I'm sure Naomi, Pete and the kids don't mind left-overs! :)

Our attention span on the night was quite short, and we managed to play Emperor - scum and Trivial Pursuit without actually finishing them! Trivial Pursuit is my game, and while I love trivia and useless facts, my version is a little too brain-draining to play and you have to be really lucky with the cards to get questions that you know the answers to.

One game we did manage to finish was Cranium (the picture on the left appears to be the Danish version or something!).

This would highlight how cool and awesome the game actually is.
I love it cause it's got all sorts of different categories, etc, so you can't really get bored in it. If there's a category you don't like or aren't good at, there's bound to be another one that you can do. It pretty much seems to have rolled about 5 games into one!

Plus, it comes with groovy purple play dough :)

There were also some interesting internet ramblings involved too!

Technology compounded with tiredness, sugar and hyperactivity makes for some very interesting reading the next day!

These experimentations with internet codes, etc, were, for some reason, hilarious at 2 o'clock in the morning! If you want a glimpse of what was going on, take a peek at my Cbox (Nomes, you're a classic!)

It might be a case of 'you-just-had-to-be-there' to fully understand the hilarity though... :)

I would put pictures of the event on here if I could, but I didn't manage to take any photos. Plus, my computer or internet or whatever doesn't seem to let me post photos. It does, however, let me post pictures of stuff I have found on the web, hence the very enlightening photos you have before you.

The next picture I am about to upload is an old ad I found for Maltesers. I hope you find it full of wealth and encouragement, just as I did. Girls, it's a good sign for us all.....Too-rah!

4 comments:

LOUD? said...

Pete and I are having a grand chucklt @ the maltesers ad! What a crack-up! Absolute clasic!

Rinni said...

thought you'd like it! :P

LOUD? said...

I might steal it for my blog.... :)

Deb said...

I'm LOKL-ing at it too...love the artwork also.

Alas, sorry I couldn't make it to the welcome party!! Glad you managed to have fun and gorge yourselves without me!! :P