Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

G'day all! I know this is late, but I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year!!

I had a great Christmas - Santa was very good to me!! The whole weekend before Christmas
was great as I had if off and got to catch up with friends who had returned from uni, etc. The Christmas Eve service at church was also very nice, as it is every year. Just a great time to relax, enjoy the meaning of the season and catch up with old friends. We got to have candles in this year's service too - that was exciting!! I didn't get to Christmas lighting this year after the service though coz I spent too long afterwards chatting to people!! Oh well, I had seen most of the lights the night before (even though it was pouring rain!) and talking and lazing around is always better!!

Woke up later than I usually do on Christmas this year, probably coz Liv slept in too (She seems to be my alarm clock when it comes to things like birthdays and Christmas)! It was a great day, even though it went far too quickly as I knew I had to head back to Bathurst that night to go to work on Boxing day. None of our family live around our area so we did our usual Christmas thing and caught up with family friends for a huge, traditional Chrissy lunch. It is really the only day of the year I turn into a complete carnivore - turkey, chicken, ham, lamb, pork.....Mmmmm, I love it! Plus all the yummy roasted veggies!! And lets not forget that extra pocket your stomach grows just for dessert! There's nothing better than trifle and ice cream christmas pudding!! The rest of the day was just spent milling around, reading my new books and watching my new dvds!!
I managed to convince (guilt?!) Liv into coming back with me to Bathurst so I had some company in the car, so the trip back was prety good too, except I probably left Parkes a little to late to get sufficient sleep for a 7am start! We didn't get back to Bathurst til midnight, but I was able to struggle through the next day alright!
For those of you who may not know, I have now started my district nursing component of my post grad - my final rotation! I've only got a little over a month left to go, and then I get holidays, yeay! Anyway, I turned up to work on boxing day and the girls asked me how my Chrissy was. I said it was good except for arriving back at midnight, and they said I should've taken the day off as I was only an extra anyway! How annoying! If they had told me before I turned up, that would have been helpful! Anyway, we ended up having a good day as most of the patients were away and we managed to finish at 1:30, which ment I could hang around with liv for a bit before dad came up to take her back. So while it wasn't my normal boxing day, it was still pretty good.

New years eve was a bit of a bust for me too this year as I had to work new years day. It was also annoying because I actually had plans this year. So I missed out on the party at Zarna and Justin's (Sorry Zarna) and from reports from Liv, it was a fun party too! :(
But, I managed to entertain myself. My friend, Tanya, was having a BBQ get-together at her place for new years eve, so I tagged along. My intention was to basically just go for dinner and be home by 10, but of course that didn't happen! After an evening of milling around, talking and watching the fireworks, I managed to see the new year in with little side effects present for the next day at work!

Work has been going ok. Today was my first day unbuddied, so I had to try and remember all the little things I needed to do by myself, but it went ok. I thought I was going to be running very late but I manage to finsh on time, surprisingly! I wonder who I missed....!

Anyway, that's about it for me. Catch ya later!

PS I know I said in the last blog I'd write about the rest of my 2 week holidays but I never got around to it! We went to Canberra the second weekend to take mum to the theatre for her birthday. We saw 'Pirates of Penzence'. Very daggy operaetta type thing but very funny and purposefully over-the-top. Was even funnier that the main pirate dude was ripping off Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribean! Good for a giggle. Also did a large bulk of my Christmas shopping while we were there! The Canberra Centre is huge - took us two days to get through the whole complex! To the shop-a-holics out there, it's worth the trip!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Sounds like you had a mad time over christmas! Plus managed a bludge at work too!
We missed the new years eve party too...never mind, I'm sure you're already planning a HUGE bash for everyone for next year. I'll come!

Rinni said...

Excellent, That's one guest I can already tick off the party list! Yes, I'm putting in for holidays for New years next year!! :D

Anonymous said...

wow....your life sounds jam-packed, I'm surprised you had a chance to blog at all!

twas good indeed to catch up at Christmas Eve, did you burn your candle cup? I had fun being 'decorative' when kids who needed a responsible role model weren't watching ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your Christmas sounded like heaps of fun! Just wanted to let you know I have a new blog so check it out!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karin!
How are ya bud? Missed you last night, at a game night...played Cranium, it was good, so we'll do it again sometime!
Hey, flog the survey thingy that's going around as a post! Claire started it!

Anonymous said...

Hey mate!
Just dropping by
CYA soon

Anonymous said...

Deborah says: Ummmmm, whats some stupid housewife thing? Always floss your teeth before bedtime.

She is here, posting with me

Love Deb