Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hooray for games nights!

There is nothing better than stuffing you face full of delectable goodies and beating friends at random games all night!!

On monday night, Deborah organised a games night at Nick's place (thanks Deb!). Well, actually it was supposed to be a movie night to check out Nick's awesome plasma TV, but we all felt in the gaming mood instead! It was also a 'bring a dessert to share' night as well which ment there was lots of yummy chocolates, ice cream, sticky date pudding and wafer sticks!! Talk about over indulgence! But what are games nights for?! I was gonna put a photo on here of all the cool food we got to eat, but Amy didn't want me to put it on coz she's in it! It's a cool photo though!

We got to play 'Cranium', which was cool for me coz I hadn't been able to play it since Liv got it for Christmas. It's an awesome game! For someone with my attention span (or lack of it!), it's the perfect game coz you've gotta have general knowledge, use english and puzzle skills, use your creative side and you get to act stuff out and hum tunes!! Needless to say, it makes for some very entertaining scenes during the night!

It was also cool for me coz I got to catch up with Katie, which I hadn't really been able to do while she was at home over Christmas. Our team for Cranium consisted of me, Liv, Amy and Katie. We did very well for ourselves during the night - we managed to bet Naomi, Deborah and Nick twice!

After Cranium, we moved onto 'Absolute Balderdash'. While I can't say I'm a huge fan of the game (it involves too much creativity and thinking for me!), there are always memorable moments created by playing it (For those of you playing at home, remember the hilarity created by such initals that turned into 'Peas And Corn', and the meanings created for the word 'natterjack'!). I'm always amazed at how bizaar some of the answers can be (it is illegal in texas to drop candy on the ground?!).

Ok, so when is the next movie/games night?! :) Make it a night that I can get to - I've missed too many fun nights this year!!!

8 comments:

LOUD? said...

Pea's With Corn!!!!!!

And Natterjack, I can't remember? remind me.....

I linked your post to my blog, so I didn't have to rehash... (I know, I am lazy!)

Rinni said...

He he, fair enough! the real Natterjack was a toad type thing, but Nick made it into some sort of yoga position!

Rinni said...

He he, fair enough! the real Natterjack was a toad type thing, but Nick made it into some sort of yoga position!

Rinni said...

Whoops, didn't mean to post that twice - stupid computer (I couldn't be me....!)

Clairey said...

Games nights are awesome! I just wish I could be there to share in the joy and fantastic food!

so many memories from balderdash...

Deb said...

LOKL - yoga!!

we had our last games night on Monday and I'm already feeling withdrawal....

Claire & Karin...the three of us need to start a missing-Parkes-anonymous support group....

Deb said...

oh, and Karin - post the pic anyway - Amy doesn't have a right to stop you, she doesn't even have a blog! :P

j/k

LOUD? said...

yeah - totally want to see the pic!

can't believe you said balderdash involves too muchg creativity and thinknig! ur answers are always hilarious!

wheres that pic?